Ojajamonde Classic Tingatinga Painting Twin Blue Wings Perched 2' By 2
Ojajamonde was the half brother of E. Tingatinga who originated Tingatinga genre of painting. Ojajamonde worked along side Tingatinga until his death in 1972.
When Ojajamonde died in 2015 he was the last of the painters to have known Tingaginga himself. Ojajamonde's paintings are happy, colorful, fanciful and lyrical. The subject matter are animals, birds, and people that communicate a sense of familiarity between all his subjects. The effect of being around his paintings is a communication of the joy of being. Note the reflective symmmetry throughout the painting.
This is accomplished similarity of brush strokes. This item is in the category "Art\Paintings".
The seller is "mak_250" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Artist: OJAJAMONDE
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Signed By: OJAJAMONDE
- Size: Medium
- Signed: Yes
- Material: ENAMEL ON MASONITE
- Item Length: 24 in
- Region of Origin: East Africa
- Framing: Framed
- Subject: Africa, Animal Head, Big Cat, Birds, Bison, Community Life, Elephant, Family, Farming, Fruit, Wildcat, Working Life, Animals
- Type: Painting
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Item Height: 24 in
- Theme: Art
- Style: Contemporary Art, Folk Art, Naïve art, Classic Tingatinga Painting
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Production Technique: Enamel on Masonite board
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Tanzania, United Republic of
- Culture: Tanzanian
- Handmade: Yes
- Item Width: 1/4 IN THICK
- Time Period Produced: 1972 TO 2006